1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Buying a new [intermediate] bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ABR_Matt, Apr 26, 2010.

1. ABR_Matt

ABR_Matt

Apr 26, 2010
    Hey, so I'm looking into a new bass, because I just got through using a Squier P-Bass, and it's falling apart at the seams. I like to play sort of heavy alternative music, which is usually around drop-c.
    Any suggestions on a cost-efficient ($500 or less if possible) bass i could look into?
    Any comments will be helpful, thanks

Matt.

2. I'm assuming by "ABR" in your username you're talking about August Burns Red?

My hardcore band plays in drop C, and my Ibanez SRX 500 does the job really well, with a nice setup.

Any of the SRX/SR's will do the job nicely, and in my opinion look really nice.

The Ibanez price's are all over the places, but if you shop around on talk bass, you could get a high quality ibanez for pretty cheap if you just wait for a good deal.

Pm this guy and ask for pictures, this seems like a pretty good deal. I don't know the seller.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=648316&highlight=ibanez

3. ABR_Matt

ABR_Matt

Apr 26, 2010
    hah yeah, you guessed right
    i figured people could get a better feel for what i like if i used a similar band.
    well thanks for your help, i might shop around and see if i can find a cheap ibanez then.