1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

buying a new neck

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by spidersbass, Nov 15, 2006.

1. spidersbass

spidersbass

Nov 29, 2004
    Downtown L.A.
    i just bought a used Ibanez sr1306, fretless. i thought for sh*ts and giggles i could buy another sr1306 neck with frets, and change them around every now and then. sounds like a good idea or no? problem is, where am i gonna find a sr1306 neck for sale?

2. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Sounds like a great idea if you can find the neck.

3. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I tried that idea with a Musicman. I had a fretless Musicman neck and a graphite Moses fretted replacement neck. In practice, it takes a bit of time getting everything set up and playable after each change. It's not like a 20 minute quick switch.

For what the cost of a replacement neck is and the fact you're only likely to be able to get one from Ibanez, if they'll sell you one, you might be better off getting a second bass with frets if you don't already have one.