Buying a Rickenbacker (again)...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by christw, Mar 8, 2010.

1. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    THE MADDEST SCIENTIST
    ...but I can't stand trying to find one! I almost hopped on a sweet 4001 in the classifieds, but someone had dibs already. Pick of the Ricks has offered me the best price I've seen on a new one, a tad under $1600 shipped. I keep checking local (and surrounding) craigslist posts, I've stalked our classifieds, posted in our wanted section, watched and waited, but it's not fun! I'm not sure where to keep looking. Patience is certainly not a virtue of mine! ;)

I'm looking to replace my lost love, not re experience the frustration of lookin' for love! :bawl:

Any other places you guys can tell me to scower for a nice Ric? I'd rather buy used, but if I buy new I know I'd never consider selling it (much like my 360.)

2. kcole4001

kcole4001

Oct 7, 2009
    Nova Scotia
    I don't think anyone's gonna beat that price!
    It's all the more difficult if you're after a particular colour.

I waited and hoped that PotR would get a 4003 MID just in time for me to buy it, but had to choose between MF and Sam Ash in the end.

There was a very nice 4001 for sale here not long ago, in either AutumnGlo or Walnut.

Best of luck in your search, just keep your eyes open.
    The ebay deals are few and far between, though there's lots of way over-priced auctions to look at.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Buy the new one, they've never been better than they are now.

4. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    THE MADDEST SCIENTIST
    That 4001 was the one I referred to. I was #2 in line for it and stayed #2. :(

I'm really thinking of going for PotR. I've always wanted a Fireglo Ric and they have 2 in stock...

5. kcole4001

kcole4001

Oct 7, 2009
    Nova Scotia
    No argument here!

6. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    THE MADDEST SCIENTIST
    Well, looks like I might be gettin' a 4003 really soon. Maybe I'll toss in one of those nice Accent Vibratos for my 360 while I'm at it. (Or as soon as my Paypal funds clear...)

7. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Get it!! Love my FireGlo Ric...wish I could take a picture of it that would do it justice:

l_a5d811a5ff1f45cb9fa5174b147410af.png

8. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    THE MADDEST SCIENTIST
    zZounds price matched me plus a little bit. Trigger pulled. :D :D :D :D :D :D

9. I was just about to post several Craigslist ads. Glad you got one though. :)

10. Slax

Slax

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Nice! Glad it all worked out for you! :D

I was going to suggest Sam Ash if they're by you. I got to try my RIc there before I bought it. They seem to carry them whenever Ric decides to spit one out of the factory. It was the best luck I had in my area when I was searching. (I was not looking for used when I was searching for one though... even though I probably should have been lol)

11. So, how's that new Ric working out for ya? :)

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021