1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Buying a Schecter

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by THERAKED1, Apr 30, 2006.

1. THERAKED1

THERAKED1

Apr 23, 2006
    Columbus,OH
    Hey all, I'm still new to playing the bass, right now I'm playing a Peavey Millenium BXP four string. Tonight, I won $640 playing poker and have been looking at new basses, originally I was thinking of a MM Sub, but then I came across the Shecter Stiletto Custom four string with a natural finish for $499, the thing is beautiful, and everyone of the reviews I've read are glowing. Fortunately for me, nowhere that I can find has them in stock, I say fortunate because if they were in stock, I'd probably have ordered one without properly researching it. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with this guitar or company, and has any thoughts to share about it. Thank you!

P.S. The guitar has a mahogany body w/maple top and EMG hz pickups, that's the same combination that my six string electric guitars have, so that with the combination of the guitars beauty and other reviews, is what led me to look at it.

2. I have 4 basses and one of them is a schecter c4. I played on 20 diff basses for over two hours when I bought this one. I love schecters. Number 1 they are good looking basses, but that aside, mine has great tone for the style of music I play and man is the neck super fast. I know a lot of people are hung up on name brands and there is a lot to it, but for a bass around 500, I think Schecters are great. BTW, I own an Ibanez, MK Dragonfly, and a MTD.

3. woody357

woody357 Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2005
    I really never heard of them untill I was in a store that sold them, and Bamm it was on. I own a Schecter Stiletto Elite 5, i traded my Ibanez BTB 405Qm for it , and I am not sorry. IMHO this is a Mid to High end bass without the price. I could do better but at a $tack plus. So IMHO I don't think you can get more bang for your $$$$$

4. MrShawn2U

MrShawn2U

Mar 20, 2006
    NH
    I recently purchased the Stiletto Custom 5 in the nat finish. It is a nice looking bass, it plays very well and the sound can be tweaked to just about whatever you like. I like the bass alot, although I still like the feel of my American Fender P-bass DLX better, but after trying many, the Schecter is as close as I got in an affordable price range.

5. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I have a Schecter Stiletto Studio 4 string neck-thru that I bought in 2002. I think it's a great bass.

6. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    A local guitar store has one in stock. If you have troubles finding one in stock, let me know, and I can pick the one around here up and ship it your way.

7. I played one in a local GC. It was really nice for the bucks. I really don't think you can go wrong with it.

8. I am sure that Marty O'Brien (check out his own TalkBass section) can answer some of your questions about the Schecter basses, since he endorses them and has about ONE MILLION OF THEM! LOL! ;)