1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

Buying a Used Ampeg 410 cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RickenbackerGuy, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RickenbackerGuy

RickenbackerGuy

Aug 27, 2015
    Hey guys,

I found a used Ampeg 410 HLN cab on my local CL and I'm very interested In picking it up.

The seller is asking $419, but the cab is in good shape. Not excellent condition, has some scratches and what not but good shape considering some I've seen. No tears on the grill cloth and wheels and rear jack plate all look mint.

Now, I know that the HLN is an older model (now the HLF), and the seller is advertising it as an HLF cab, so he doesn't really know what he has. The age isn't a huge issue for me, because it's in solid shape and doesn't look like its been beaten and battered on the road.

For the $419 price tag, do you guys think it worth negotiating?
    (Sorry I couldn't attach any pics, but you guys know what an Ampeg 410 looks like)

In my head I don't have any problems with it being an HLN Cab, as it was made in the USA...should I have some fears?

Thanks

2. kranahan

kranahan Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2009
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Offer $350. I've seen a ton for $250-375 the past couple months. The worst that could happen is that he says no. I wouldn't pay over $400 since you can get an 810 for around the same price.

kev451 and deathness like this.
  3. I've bought and sold newer minty SVT-410HLF's for $300.

RickenbackerGuy and kev451 like this.
  4. The Regulator

The Regulator

Aug 10, 2005
    I would look for a newer 410 HLF which IMO sound better than the older ones (more mids). They can sometimes be found for less than $400 and are 30lbs lighter.

RickenbackerGuy likes this.
  5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    The N designation means "Neutrik," as at one time, they offered it without speakon connectors, and then they started and used the designation N for it. Nowadays they're commonplace so no need for the special designation. At any rate, The Regulator is right. Round about 2010, Ampeg made some improvements to the sound of the 410hlf...they still go extremely low but they added more mids back so it's not all muddy like it used to be. And they're a lot lighter, especially if you go Heritage.

RickenbackerGuy likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 21, 2021