Buying amp that needs work off ebay?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoeRules00, Mar 30, 2002.

1. Lovin Bass

Lovin Bass

Feb 8, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Do yourself a big favor and save your money for something that does work! After you pay for the item and have it shipped, you won't be very far away from buying a newer model that does work and then you have to figure out whether it is still fixable or not and the cost of that. I had one of these for a couple years and sold it for $200. Unless you are really good with fixing amp electronics, let this one go!

By the way: My BX-100 was 100 watts. Not 300!!!
    Sounds like you may be getting taken for your money.
  2. I've bought non-functioning items before and fixed them. But I only bid what it might have been worth in parts. But I'm 100% at getting them up and running. One power amp and some toys.

I wouldn't bid on that item, seems like a big waste. Crate doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to bass enclosures. Plus it already doesn't work :)

I'd pass.
  3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Buying a low wattage, lower end amp with the intention of puting more money into it doesn't make sense. I'd spend the $$$'s on something that was working.
  4. That amp has two strikes against it already.

1. It's a Crate.
    2. It's a broken Crate.
  5. Lovin Bass

Lovin Bass

Feb 8, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I feel bad for Fuel_4_Spd...the ONLY bidder on that Crate. Uh, that isn't you JoeRules00 is it?
  6. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Hey Joe(hehe), I have a WORKING Crate BX-100 with casters I installed that I am selling(just got my new rig). If you are interested, e-mail or PM me. 100 watts, 15" speaker, a fairly loud amp for the money. As for that particular amp on Ebay, I can tell you that the 100 in BX-100 means that the combo has 100 watts. 300? Not quite.
  7. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I have a used B-200XL Crate head that has been collecting dust in my basement for a couple years. It's paired with a Crate 2 x 15 and can push some noise. If you are interested in buying it email me...the head would be easy to ship but the 215 cab..ughh.