Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Buying an aluminum neck

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Albini_Fan, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    I want an aluminum neck, but I don't know where to get one. Does anyone know if I could get one online? I havn't had any luck with ebay. I want one to put on my MIM Jazz, I don't know why. Becuase I want to have a Jazz with a aluminum neck, okay? Would it just bolt on, or what?

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    There's a reason you don't find one. They feel like sh!t. Always cold to the touch, no matter what you do to them.

Get a Moses graphite neck if you want. Or buy a 2nd-hand Kramer/Travis Bean.

3. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    I rather like the cold feel, it feels pleasant to my little clamy hands. I was playing a used kramer, and I absolutley loved the neck. It was so comfortable, and sounded great. And I like the dark look of aluminum necks.

Moses necks look good, except are quite pricey at 395! I could of picked up the Kramer for that price ;P

4. I've played a Kramer for the past 21 years, and I couldn't care less about a cold feel. After a minute or two of playing, the coldness is gone.