Buying bass same brand

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wishforbass, Aug 2, 2018.

1. wishforbass

wishforbass

Jun 23, 2016
    Iran
    Actually I know some members have basses that are same even but they are usually kind of keep basses .

My main bass is ibanez Sr 1300 premium
    And its play very well ,I mean this bass is so crazy .I don't know why it doesn't have fan between talkbass members.i bought my Ibanez after trying ,mim jazz ,Mia jazz bass and then elite .but all of jazz basses didn't get aggressive and didn't have that sharp sound that Ibanez had .
    The 3 band eq and crazy active sound kind of made me buy Ibanez over fender(jazz and p basses ).
    Now latley I wanna buy a new 5 string bass under 1000$ new .(actually if it's less to 900$ will be even better ).
    I tried few 5 string fender and man they were suck because had really uncomfortable neck in size and very weka active electronic.

In my optuon I have these basses
    1_ibanez srms805 (it's crazy bass )

2_ltd f 415 (I don't know can I even adjust the neck because it's neck thru )

3_schecter basses (emg pickups prefer the one that has DC emg )

Actually I don't know if it's stupid act that buy Ibanez , because it will be my second one ?
    Which one do you recommend ?

2. Bass Man Dan

Bass Man Dan Endorsing Artist: Ned Flanders' Bass-a-Reeno

Oct 20, 2017
    Cincinnati
    If you are loving your Ibanez, and it sounds like you are, why mess with success? Go get that 5 string Ibanez! You love the Ibanez sound. You'll be happy.

TolerancEJ, wishforbass and bholder like this.
  3. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    The LTD and the Schecter would probably make good choices as well, but I agree with Dan, the Ibanez is more a "known quantity", there's nothing wrong with buying another if you like them! ;)

4. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

5. Ronnie Thunders

Ronnie Thunders

Oct 21, 2019
    If you lice, than it it's good! You see? When they it's good you buy they all

6. Warpeg

Warpeg

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Uhh....what? :eyebrow:

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021