1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Buying before possible price increases?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Freightshaker, Jul 11, 2018.

1. The landscape of international trade is changing. Just wondering if others are stocking up on gear like strings, etc.

Personally, I just moved up the purchase date of items that were on my mental list. For example, I re-tubed one amp, bought tubes for another, and picked up a couple of pedals not made in the states.

I have no insider knowledge if these items will see a price increase, but I don't want the goal posts moved on something I was planning to buy.

Please, NO politics, just seeing if others are doing something similar.

2. soulman969

soulman969

Oct 6, 2011
    Colorado
    Nothing out of the ordinary for me.

I'd rather wait and respond to what I do know than react to what I don't know.

eJake likes this.
  3. I don't think anyone knows for sure. I do know that the steel wear houses where I deliver, have been stocking up for months. How this trickles dow to MI gear is anybodys guess.

4. saabfender

saabfender

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I can’t let things like that dictate when I buy things I need. I don’t drive around on Empty waiting for the price to go down.

5. eJake

eJake

May 22, 2011
    New Orleans
    To avoid politics, I'll stick to answering your question. No.