1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

buying from HELLOMUSIC.com

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by unclebass, Feb 22, 2013.

1. unclebass

unclebass

Dec 17, 2012
    I have been watching several different bass guitars on hellomusic.com. They seem to have a variety of instruments come up for sale. Has anyone here purchased from this website? Wondering about the quality of the instruments and the service by the company. Are they factory seconds, or bulk purchases passed on to customers?

2. fisticuffs

fisticuffs Commercial User

May 3, 2011
    Madison, WI
    They aren't an authorized dealer for anything. Your warranty may or may not be honored if you buy from them they do offer their own. Do a search, this has been covered a dozen or so times here.

3. unclebass

unclebass

Dec 17, 2012
    will do.

4. LOCOPELAND

LOCOPELAND

Aug 3, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    I just bought a power supply from them a few days ago. It was my first purchase from them, hoping they ship fairly quickly.

Their website seems to be legit. They give you an option to buy an extended warranty, as well.

5. Any site that makes me register to see a retail price isn't worth my time.

6. BrianToska

BrianToska

Jan 14, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I have a friend that ordered one or two pedals from hellomusic and it took almost a month for him to receive them. Hopefully your waiting time will be a lot shorter.

7. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    I have purchased quite a few things from Hello Music and I have always had good experiences with them. I have purchased 4 microphones, a few pedals, speaker stands, and a case from them. Most of my purchases came quickly and they had great communication and great prices (especially with an online coupon). One microphone, a Heil PR40, came slowly but the price was so good that I didn't mind.

8. Dbassmon

Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    I have gotten some great deals from hellomusic. Sometimes 30% cheaper than MF. Very liberal return policy. Merch is not seconds but they are not factory authorized in some cases and you may need their assistance for service.

9. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I have always had good experiences with them they ship quick also.

10. mystic38

mystic38

Dec 4, 2012
    Mystic CT
    i sense some axe to grind here.....?.. ?

You should be well aware that vendors cannot advertise lower than MAP, and so the registration process and closed (to general view) site allows that vendor to circumvent this...in exactly the same way as:

1. You will see specials at GC stores at below MAP.
    2. Every flipping week you get a 10% or 15% off voucher from MF to fool you into thinking you are getting a deal.

At least that site is being honest.. that is the price, take it or leave it... as opposed to well knowing somebody else has got a better deal than you at GC, Sam Ash etc..

11. Troph

Troph

Apr 14, 2011
    Kirkland, WA
    I have purchased 3 basses and a case from HelloMusic, and all were perfectly fine, just like any other e-commerce site. It sometimes takes a week or so before they actually ship your item. They also ship "signature required", which is a disadvantage if no one stays home during the day.

I also really, really dislike their web site design. The dynamic page loading is horrendous. They can't seem to categorize things properly. Their comment system makes it impossible to see more than the first 40 characters or so of user comments.

Their prices also fluctuate fairly heavily from day to day. Occasionally, however, you can catch some amazing deals that are untouchable for new gear.

12. MoeTown1986

MoeTown1986 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2010
    SoMD (Mechanicsville)
    I've bought a bunch of effects pedals, cables, tuners, and a pedal board from them. All great experiences!

13. They are an overstock dealer out of Los Angeles, California. Bought one bass from them and they delivered it professionally just like any other online retailer. Good deals a lot of the time, other times not so much.

14. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
    I bought a Bassballs effect for 60 bucks, not bad. If I had the money I would totally jump on that $1500 Ian Hill sig Spector.

15. MoeTown1986

MoeTown1986 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2010
    SoMD (Mechanicsville)
    Haha I got one of those bassballs from them, too!

16. My first order took over a month to arrive but I saved a lot of money. It was frustrating waiting and at that time their customer service wasn't great. I made a second purchase yesterday and today it was shipped by FedEx.
    All items are new unless specified and the last purchase was less than half ow what I would buy it for new. If everything goes well with this order, I'll be more comfortable recommending them.

17. When I say RETAIL, I mean their offered price. If Long & McQuade, Guitar Center, Music123, ZZounds, Musicians Friend, and a plethora of others can list prices to the general public without requiring a login, so can they.

18. LOCOPELAND

LOCOPELAND

Aug 3, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    Just got confirmation that my package has been shipped and should be here next week. Pretty stoked with hello music so far. :)

19. Haven't ordered anything yet, but I should've. Some great deals I missed, but money's too tight to mention. Check out HelloMusic all the time and the "new" layout, as Troph said, the dynamic page loading and the site organisation sucks, but I'm sure it's done on purpose to force you to troll through the whole list of products hoping you'll impulse buy some things aside from what you're specifically looking for.

20. mystic38

mystic38

Dec 4, 2012
    Mystic CT
    DId you simply not bother to read my post..?

My post clearly explained what those companies show (MAP), what hellomusic shows (below MAP) and also why a login is required (unable to advertise below MAP).