buying my new rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by funktastic, Aug 17, 2005.

1. funktastic

Mar 16, 2005
    I have been doing a ton of research, and it has all come down to Eden. My plan is to get a wt-500 head with a d410xlt or a d410xst cab. Would that be a decent rig for playing at small to medium venues? Im guessing that it will be powerful enough to cut through my drummer and guitar player as well, so tell me what you guys think or if you have any better suggestions let me know.
  2. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Excellent rig, although I don't think the WT500 is made any more. Did you mean the WT550?
  3. Nice rig. Two things... first, the XST and XLT sound somewhat different... with the XLT having that huge low mid punch and the XST being a little more wide sounding... with deeper bass and slightly more hi fi vibe. Both wonderful cabs. Secondly, assuming as was mentioned above, you are considering the relatively new 550, make sure you get the cab in 4ohm version so that the 550 puts its full 550 watts into the cab (it actually can put 650 into 2ohms, but I think the 550 into 4 is the optimal power/ohm for that head). Also, with the update to the WT800(b), if you ever wanted to get more power and keep the Eden vibe, the new 800 now runs safely bridged into a 4ohm load.