1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Buying new bass, warwick?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jonas_k, Mar 3, 2008.

1. jonas_k

jonas_k

Mar 3, 2008
    Hi all bassist~

I am going to buy a new bass, but not sure which one i should choose.
    Just saw a 2004 new old stock Warwick Streamer Jazzman 4 string in $1400, very attractive.
    Do you think that's a gd deal?
    or any other basses u guys recommand?
    Thanks~

2. alexit

alexit

Feb 21, 2006
    Seeing that that bass is currently about 2600 new and may increase further (dollar vs euro keeps going down), it's a very good price, will hold its value pretty well too.

You could also try the corvette FNA jazzman (same electronics) or the corvette double-buck, which is also a very versatile package.

You could also look at Spector (on which the streamer body style is based). Plenty of other options in that price range too, stingray or sterling HH/HS are both very versatile coil-switchable instruments.

3. DistantTremor

DistantTremor

Nov 29, 2007
    Damn!! I wish I could find a Warwick Streamer Jazzman with a price like that...

4. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
    Recommend based on what? You provided zero informatiuon for what you're looking for.

5. jonas_k

jonas_k

Mar 3, 2008
    sorry, i should provide more information.

i am a 4 stringer,
    basically i play many different kind of music, from jazz to funk, punk.
    I've tried warwick,fender and musicman's basses
    for warwick, i like it's special tone, and the streamer jazzman have so many tone option that fits many music

for fender, i am interested on the jazz bass 62' (i love jaco~)

for musicman, that's a great great slap machine, but i feel it's too hot for jazz

6. The Jazzman is a great bass for your needs. And $1400.00 is a great price. If you want, better go get it!

7. jonas_k

jonas_k

Mar 3, 2008
    thx for reply, i think so, and it's a sexy babe.
    but i have a bit worry on its neck since many warwick user said the neck may get bend easily, and it's hard to preserve.

8. funkadelickbass

funkadelickbass

Aug 13, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Social Media and Sales: www.creamcitymusic.com
    Try a musicman sterling...the 3 way switch can make all the difference in the sound...I am able to dial one in for almost any style and sound, plus the neck is super fast and smooth.

9. jonas_k

jonas_k

Mar 3, 2008
    well, my fd suggest me to buy the Nash guitar, anyone know is that gd?

so my choices are:

warwick jazzman : USD1425

fender jazz bass 62' : USD1875

Nash jazz bass : USD1500

10. StringThing

StringThing

Dec 6, 2007
    San Diego
    I'm thinking (gulp) of selling my 1998 Streamer LX. Absolutly GEORGOUS! Amazing condition. I have not played it since I got a five. Earlier Warwick had the all Wenge necks, and that really made them stand out. This was simply the nicest bass in Rudy's Music shop. Let me know if you might be interested.

11. StringThing

StringThing

Dec 6, 2007
    San Diego
    To the Warwick neck commet earlier:
    The all Wenge neck on my Streamer LX bass has been adjusted ONCE since 1998. It is rock solid neck that plays great. The bass stayed in tune for gigs and days on end. It was kinda funny to play a show, pack up, show up the next day and watch the tuner just hit the "your in" middle light string after string.