1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Buying new cabinets soon-recommendations?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Terry-MaQ, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Hey everyone,
    I have decided it's time to get some professional level cabinets to match with my GK 1001-rbii.

I'm an effects junkie, a huge Justin Chancellor and Timmy C fan and up until very recently have been using an Ashdown Mag 4x10 with eminence alphas in it.
    It's ok, but my friends ampeg 4x10 (sealed) that sits in our rehearsal room really got me thinking about the massive difference horn attenuation makes to the tone. I really like the ampeg, but it's very heavy and the idea of a more modular setup appeals to me!

I was thinking about two GK neo 2x10's stacked up on their sides, or one neo 2x10 and one neo 1x15 - what do you guys/girls think?

Do GK heads sound better when used in the bi-amp setup? Or is it a bit of a gimmick?

2. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    GK+Bergantino = Magic

3. Cool, I'd love to try one, what are you using?
    How about Dr.Bass cabs?

They have just obtained a UK distributor and look like really cool cabs.

4. BackwaterBass

BackwaterBass

Feb 18, 2008
    Kentucky
    My advice is to buy used whatever you decide on. Nothing worse than loading your brand new cab into a trailer and getting it out all scratched and banged up. Trust me, it will happen.