Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

buying online help needed

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kenbuntu, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    hey guys im wondering if its safe buying online(like form ebay) or even from musicianfriends. Infact they are having a huge sale of their ibanez EDA900 4-String Bass for 300. has anyone ever bought from there? Cand i find another site that sell it as cheap as that or even cheaper that is reliable?

2. bassist4christ

bassist4christ Banned

May 26, 2005
    I have never got anything from there but I have bought a couple of basses from ebay and nothing went wrong with it. I even got a great deal on my last bass from ebay

3. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    want to sell it to me for around 350-400 canadian dollars??

4. T_T, I have bought from Musiciansfriend about 7 or 8 times, and they have been great everytime. Once, I bought a bass that came damaged during shipping, and they sent me a new one within a few weeks. Once you place your order, they usually send you a link to UPS or Federal Express so that you can track your package everyday.

I highly doubt that you'll find that Ibanez EDA900 at a better price for two reasons:

1.) That particular model is discontinued, so I don't think you'll find many of them anywhere at any price.
    2.) For $299, I'd say that MF is going to sell them out fast, and once their stock is gone - that's it.

I'd say MF is about as reliable as they come.

I have never bought anything from e-bay.

Good luck.

Mike ;)

5. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
  6. I can't answer that, as I've never played the Aria. Besides, even if I did like it, you might not.

I do, however, own an Ibanez EDA905F, which is the 5 string fretless model of the Ibanez that you're looking at. I have nothing but good things to say about it. It sounds good and it's very comfortable to play sitting or standing.

I paid $669 for mine.

Mike ;)

7. Jonas.

Jonas.

Jun 2, 2005
  8. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    thx, but what would you gguys choose?

9. Jonas.

Jonas.

Jun 2, 2005
    personally, i'd pick neither. i don't think they're a big enough step up from your current bass, and although i know you want a new one you are best off putting it off for a while and then you can get something slightly better at a later date. :)

10. T_T, how much do you want to spend?

Why not go to the Musiciansfriend site, and look at all the basses in your price range, then come back here and ask about them?

Yamahas are also nice.

Mike

11. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    well i can go 450 (CAD) most, ive been looking at that aria one, a yamaha RBX374- goes for 400 new, Ibanez sr400- im not sure how much it is new here in canada but id settle for a used bass, and that other ibanez one i mentioned earlier today for 300 at mf. tell me what you guys think i should get.

12. Do you have a chance to play any of them first?

It's hard to recommend a bass to someone if they haven't played it; I may like the neck, but not the sound, and you might feel the exact opposite. Or, you might not like anything about that particular bass at all.

I personally like the Ibanez, but then again I haven't played any of the others.

Mike

13. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    T_T , IIRC I don't think MusiciansFriend ships to Canada.

14. TheNerdBass

TheNerdBass

Jun 30, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    MusiciansFriend is probably your best option. I've only purchased a few guitar stands, but they arrived here on time and no one stole my credit card number. :smug:

You might have to wait a little longer than just going to your local music store and buying it in person, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

15. YIKES!

I think you're right, David. ;)

Mike