1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Buying Squier Jazz Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blankstare77, Dec 4, 2006.

1. blankstare77

blankstare77

May 19, 2006
    Hello all. I was wondering if a Squier Jazz Bass with a Leo Quan Badass Bridge II is a good buy for 300 dollars.

What are your thoughts? Is this a good buy?

I will be playign bluesy classic rock and I am looking for a jazz bass preferably.

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Is this bass used? Are you located in the USA? If so, that isn't even a good price for a new one. The new Squire Vintage Modified basses are very cool, and a new one can be had for less than $300.

3. clavefa

clavefa Te Traigo El Tumbao

Dude: GO BUY A SQUIER modified Jazz Bass. You'll love it.
    I played today for the first time and have to say they are a great deal.

4. You ought to check one of these out!

5. clavefa

clavefa Te Traigo El Tumbao

IOTA We are feeling man!:hyper:

6. ESPplayer

ESPplayer

Nov 17, 2006
    okay i just wanna find out why the hype is surrounding this squier modified j.I played on at a local shop and it sucked! noisy pickups,dead spots everywhere,dirty strings and bad playability.It looks amazin tho! I may have just got a cursed one try one out for yourself tho the squier in your opriginal post is a rip off tho

7. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I just found a Fender squire "standard" jazz for a
    student of mine at Guitar Center for $206. on sale.
    For a low end bass, I was blown away. It took looking
    at three of them to find a good one, but a good one is
    a good one. I have a feeling the Vintage Squires are
    really good at the price point too, if you find a good one.

8. fresnorich

fresnorich

Sep 17, 2003
    Fresno, CA
    If it's made in Japan, go for it. If not, you might want to keep looking.

9. bassbully43

bassbully43

Jul 1, 2005
    I tried the Fretless and man i thought it was sweet for under 300.00 does anyone know if a standard Squier jazz neck will fit this(fretted) or even an MIM neck..I think they are all the same. If so i'm buying one and swaping out the neck to have a cool looking fretted.

10. bassbully43

bassbully43

Jul 1, 2005
    Like everyhting i feel you found a crappy one. I tryed at least 6-8 and even the new fretless and they all sound great...no noise or bad dead spots i recall.I have found spectors, warwicks, geddy etc all over with problems its the store somethimes...sometimes the factory. Dirty strings sound like it was returned or played alot since it hit the self. Rip off ..no bass player mag rated them high also.