buying string on line - where?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by ga_edwards, May 9, 2001.

1. ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Does anyone know where I can buy Warwick Black Label strings online (preferably a UK site...saves postage). I can't find them anywhere in the usual places.
  2. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    The very best place to get strings is

Great selection, great service, great prices!!!!!

Seriously....they rock!
  3. I order some GHS from On the receipt it said Medium Scale, just like it should. Pull the package out and what did I get? Long scale! Arg, but I had a gig that night, so I strung them up. Fortunately they work, but I'll be swapping them out soon. I suppose no place is perfect. I will, from now on, instruct them to pay carefull attention to the scale length in the notes section of the order. Hope it will help.
  4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I am based in the UK, but I buy all my strings from :

Even allowing for post and packing, they end up being half the price I would pay in shops in the UK. I have also found sheetmusicplus to be very reliable and I always get exactly what I ordered within a few days - although they are shipping from US to UK!! They also have a very large range of strings in teh "musician's shop".

I have bought other stuff, like books, tuner etc, and they have always been excellent on price and service.