Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Buying strings online?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Obsdian, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Are there any websites where I can order some D'addario strings? I live in Canada and it's hard to find sites that sell/ship here. Thanks!

2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
  3. Given that juststrings.com is in New Hampshire, I can't imagine why they wouldn't ship to Canada.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I have been using sheetmusicplus for several years now and they are great for international shipments and less than half the price I would pay, here - even including shipping!! :)

In fact I ordered some more Super Long D'Addario Slowounds from them just yesterday!! ;)

5. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Juststrings.com is a great company. I buy all my strings on that site now. Great selection and fast shipping!

6. Bruce Lindfield

As far as I can see, they are very expensive for International orders - their shipping info says to add $35 !!:eek:

I also did a comparison on price of strings - so the same set I ordered yesterday, costs $32.82 on JustStrings.

Whereas it is only $27.99 on sheetmusicplus.com and they only charge $4.99 for international shipping!

Sheetmusic plus wins hands down I think!! ;)

7. Bruce Lindfield

PS - 'stringthis' don't even stock the set I wanted - so :

www.sheetmusicplus.com

is definitely the best choice so far!!

8. Mostly Strings has been very good for me. Try them out. Good prices and fast shipping. Rich is a great guy too.

http://www.mostring.net/

9. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I agree... Excellent company to deal with..

10. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Allow me to toot my own horn...

I'm opening a US-based online bass string store within a coupla weeks and I'll be carrying most major brands (including D'Addario, who I've just placed an order with). I will be shipping internationally for a flat fee of $9.95 (US shipping is 3.95). JustStrings has enormous inventory and I just can't compete with that at this time, but those shipping charges..... sheesh.

I will be an authorized dealer of most brands mentioned in these forums; if I don't have it in stock, I can get it.

The site is not live yet, but I'll gladly sell any on-hand inventory to Talk Bass forum members. Until the site goes live, you might even get a nice discount. :)

My home email is: tappel at optonline dot net

Tom

11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I've purchased strings online from www.juststrings.com many times. Good service, they get here in time(even before time a couple of times) and they have a pretty darn good selection of all brands and makes.

12. Bruce Lindfield

BUT - the point here, is we are talking about shipping outside the US and it says on their website they charge $35 for international shipping which is much more than other sites like www.sheetmusicplus.com at $4.99!

13. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I'm in Canada and I have had a lot of success dealing with juststrings.com. I recommend them highly.

14. I've checked out juststrings.com and they have what I'm looking for (D'addario 165-6's), but since they don't take money orders and I don't have a credit card, it doesn't really help much. Sheetmusicplus, stringthis, and moststring.net do not carry this particular product. Thanks!

15. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Tom, great to find an alternative to juststrings and the local GC. Are you going to be carrying any of the Lakland and MTD strings? Also, are you going to be able to get the La Bella Super Steps in the gauges that George puts on the F Bass?

16. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego