Buying strings overseas?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by 43apples, Nov 15, 2003.

1. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003

I'm starting to get tired of buying bass guitar strings at Norwegian prices ($85 for a pack of rotosounds, $145 for a pack of Elixirs), so i'm thinking that i'll save ALOT of money by buying strings from or .

Do anyone have experience with doing this? Will i have to pay extra taxes and customs? And how will the strings handle the travel?

Thanks alot,

2. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    HAHAHAHHA! It seems like i have to pay 35 dollars for shipping to norway, 24% customs PLUS import taxes.

AAAAAAARGH!!!!!! :mad:

....i need to move before my bass guitar strings get old... :rolleyes:
  3. US -> Denmark
    I've bought strings from Good prices and cheap shipping, but takes nearly two months to arive and when they did, I had to pay taxes, which made them just as expensive as danish prices. The strings doesn't get harmed by shipping. Thats the way they get here anyway :)
    If you like Rotosounds, you're in luck though. has 4-sting sets for less than 20$. since they located in the EU, you don't have to pay taxes. Shipping is cheap too. You could also order from danish sites like, but it's not that much cheaper than norwegian prices. Good fast service though.

It a good idea to check the tax and custums rules for your country before ordering. That way you'll know what you'll have to pay at max.

Good luck

(BTW, as you discovered is a little heavy on overseas shipping pricing. Go to sheetmusicplus or bassguitarstrings instead.)
  4. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Thanks Carl-Anton.

I'll check out Stringbusters :)

5. Erlend, you might check with
    I know many people who order from them with no problems!