Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Buying valves and tubes in the UK

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Jun 27, 2005.

1. I assume there must be at least one online shop, any ideas?

( google let me down :( )

2. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Tag. Im interested too. :)

3. You could try here, one of many. I have used them in the past and got good service, that's in no way a guarantee !!

Hot Rox

4. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    I've heard good things (from my tech) about Hot Rox, he didn't have any comment on Watford Valves (www.watfordvalves.com) when I asked him but they're supposed to be good.

5. Ive been there before, but couldnt remeber the name of the site!

Cheers guys

Any more sites are welcomed too

6. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    sitting down,facingforward..UK
    Endorsements: Shuker Guitars, Dingwall Designer Guitars, D'Addario, Planet Waves, Barefaced Bass
    yup, either of those 2 are apparently good. I have spoken to the guy at 'watford valves' only twice in the space of a year. didnt buy anything (yet) but he remembered exactly what gear i owned the second time we spoke! thats service heh heh!

ANyway, he has recommended Harma STR matched and tested preamp valves for my SVP PRO and I will get back to him eventually about a complete revalve for my SVT2 pro. pricey.. but it's gonna be worth it!

7. im retubing the pre section in my SVT II, so not "that" pricey :)

im gonna go with tubedepot, even tho they are american, the price is still better (even if half of it is on shipping) and they have been easy to deal with so far :)

+ Walford doesnt seem to have much of a selection, they have a lot of valves, just not enough 12ax7's