1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

buzz attack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rodv66, Jan 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. rodv66

rodv66

Jul 4, 2016
    NJ
    I have a Trace Elliot V Type head and have it connected to an 8 ohm 4x10 cab. I tried to put a 1x15 8 ohm cab as well an d when plugging it, with amp on standby, got a horrible cross between a shriek and buzz. I unplugged it immediately, and amp worked fine with the 4x10 alone. The amp says minimum 4 ohm cabs, so wonder what happened? Needless to say, not going to attempt it anytime soon.

2. This happened with the amp on standby?

3. What happens with just the 1x15?

4. rodv66

rodv66

Jul 4, 2016
    NJ
    Believe so.

5. rodv66

rodv66

Jul 4, 2016
    NJ
    Let me try that

6. rodv66

rodv66

Jul 4, 2016
    NJ
    Works fine now, think I plugged the speaker cable from my combo into the 4x10, so had two amps going into one cab

7. Don’t do that again! :)

bobyoung53 and BurnOut like this.
  8. rodv66

rodv66

Jul 4, 2016
    NJ
    When I realized what I did, I felt like a complete jack wagon. This is why my wife says that I'm not allowed near a chainsaw

CaseyJ likes this.
  9. Or an electric knife! :)

rodv66 likes this.
  10. A friend forget to plug his 100 watt Marshall head into his cab once and turned it up to 10 while strumming and saying what the hell is wrong with this thing? There was something wrong with it after that, haha! I didn't realize or I would have told him.

11. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Or very lucky!