1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Buzz Buzz Everywhere?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by The Celestials, Oct 15, 2013.

1. The Celestials

The Celestials

Jul 1, 2013
    Delaware
    So I have a Schecter Omen Extreme-4 Bass, and it is buzzing like crazy whenever I pluck with any force. When I fret more than two strings at once, both notes become complete buzz. Why is it doing that? I suspect bad relief. Can I fix it, or should I just take it to a setup guy?

2. RSBBass

RSBBass

Jun 11, 2011
    NYC
    Time for a setup. You can do this yourself. Their is a lot of info out there on setups. frets.com has a guide that is good. There are others.

3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Are you checking fret buzz acoustically or amplified? You should only be doing it when plugged in so you do not have to pluck ay harder than you would when normally playing. You also mentioned it does it when you are doing plucking more than one string at a time, how is your technique? You could very well be moving your hand when you add the second finger on the fretboard causing the fretboard.

If you are still getting buzz, give the bass a setup. It can definitely be done yourself with the guides found on this site, but if you feel like wasting money, go pay for somebody else to do it.