Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Buzz Feiten - can it be reversed?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by duckbutter, Sep 23, 2005.

1. duckbutter

duckbutter

Mar 30, 2005
    Juser wondering.
    If I pull out the 0 fret would it work?

2. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    If you pull out the 0 fret, the slot will need to be widened so that the BF nut can be installed in it's place. If you decide to go back you'll have no wood to reinstall the 0 fret into. I don't think it's a good idea, you'll ruin the fingerboard, and IMO the BF system is overkill for a bass. But that's just my opinion, others' opinions may and will likely vary.

3. duckbutter

duckbutter

Mar 30, 2005
    Good to know, thanks.

4. I can't imagine why you would want to swap a 0 fret for a nut. However.... +1 on the above comments. I'm an intonation fanatic and compared the BF offsets with standard tuned intonation.... couldn't see much difference. The nut placement is supposed to help the first few fret position intonation, and people have been making that mod on basses and guitars for years prior to the BF system, from what I understand. However, the offsets for bass are (IMO, of coures :) ) a waste of time.