1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Buzz from bass only when tone knob up.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Dano59, Jan 4, 2018.

1. The tittle say it but in more detail....

I have noticed a buzz sound that is unaffected by either volume knob but is associated with tone knob. With tone rolled all the way off the bass is silent and sounds wonderful. As you bring up the tone knob the buz starts and get louder at the tone knob is turned up. It not super loud but noticable.
    Sujestions? My first thought was to get a pot and change it out but looking for sujestions, support with the pot change or what every people think.
    Thanks Dano

2. Touching bass or strings does not affect it. Band mate said it sounds like a gyger counter lol

3. Tone controls shunt high frequencies to ground, so if you have some high frequency noise, it will naturally go away when the tone control is rolled down. This does not mean that you have a problem with the tone control. The tone control is functioning normally, but you have a problem elsewhere in the bass.

How is your grounding and shielding?

4. This is a used Bamma I just traded for from a TBer so haven't dug into it yet to be able to answer that question.I will have to pull the pickguard and check it all out.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021