Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Buzz problem on bass please help

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by darkjoker667, May 25, 2003.

1. darkjoker667

darkjoker667

Apr 21, 2003
    I have a Squier Affinty P-Bass and the thing buzzes a lot, especially on the top two frets. I've tried to adjust the neck but it doesn't help. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. try raising the strings a little. It'll make it a little harder to play, but it should help the buzzing problem.

good luck,

P

3. I think this belongs in "Setup". But since I am not a mod, I can't move it.....

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    It's good to be a mod. Moved.

5. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    You really haven't given enough info to get an intelligent answer. The fender web site has the specs for set up. I suggest you start there. It will give you specific measurments for neck relief and action. If you can't get it adjusted correctly you should find a knowledgable friend to assist you.

And welcome to TB:bassist:

6. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    when i owned lower priced basses i had a hard time being able to get both no buzz AND low action,some basses you have to meet in the middle ground,i just traded my fender mex jazz for a squier jazz because it was alot better crafted,what i'm tryin to say is some basses cannot reach complete perfection(low action no buzz)dont get offended i own/owned a few myself and found it agrivating,even my bass tech had some trouble getting em perfect. DONT SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF,get it as close as possible and enjoy,i've read articles where famous bassists would of killed for a bass like a squier or similar beginner bass when they first started out.:D