1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

buzz problems solved

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by marcopalla, Apr 3, 2006.

1. marcopalla

marcopalla

Aug 31, 2005
    Hi to everyone,
    I have found so many solutions in this forum that I like to share a solution that I have found myself to my problem.

the problem
    I have a fender jazz deluxe, and sometimes it buzz a lot, sometimes means that at home with a peavey basic 112 buzz a lot; where I paly with my band with a peavey tnt buzz a little, and at gigs sometimes yes and sometimes not. :crying:
    The buzz always stop when I touch some metal part on the bass (strings, bridge etc.) :bawl:
    I have tried many things (electronic shield and others), but nothing works. I have always tought it depends by the instrument. :scowl:

the solution
    some days ago I have noticed that at home the buzz stops also when I touch screws or metal parts on the ampli.
    So I have tried to give a new ground to the system: I keep an electric wire, one end srewed to a screw on the ampli and the other to a metal part (no painted) of the heater (it runs to all building).
    Now at home no more buzz at all. :hyper:
    I have asked around and someone have told me that could happen when the ground system of the building is no good

bye
    peace