Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Buzz when I touch pole pieces

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dancehallclasher, Jan 21, 2006.

1. ...on my P. Can't remember this happening with other basses, and it's quite annoying since my thumb naturally comes to rest on the poles when I'm playing. Please tell me what's up.

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE

FWIW:

Somebody else had a similar post within the last month it seems, so a search may pull it up. Seems like they resolved it.

There may be some internal damage to the pup but if tones not adversely affected then you can go for the symptom rather than the problem. First thing I would do is check bridge to jack with a meter to make sure the ground is good although that probably is not the issue. You can run ground plates. That should resolve it or make it constant. Wax dipping is for microphonics but would solidify any slop in the pup. Giving it's humming when you touch it now it would probably solidify components in that humming position.

It's possible the pup is headed south.