Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Buzzin Ibanez

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bass for Beef, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Bass for Beef

Bass for Beef

Aug 11, 2005
    Nebraska
    Hey

I recently bought a Ibanex SR506. First and formost this is one sweet bass the price, and the neck is super fast (I've got small hands and I'm used to playing 5 stringers, so its a nice transition bass). Anyways to the point. When I'm pluging into a DI and into a PA s ystem I get lots of buzzing (coming from my hi's nob). It still occure also,not as bad, on my amp when the highs are up alot.

I've looked at the inside of the guts and its shielded for the most part but how else could I fix this? Should I sheild that one pot or ground that one pot more or somethin?
    Thanks,
    Cherron

2. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Humm, It sounds like a grounding thing. The only real way i think is to trial and error it. I noticed that when I replaced pickups and tone circuits i had this when i touched one of the knobs as well. I touched up some solder joints... especially the grounded wires (wires soldered to the top of the pots). Things seemed fine for me for now.