Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Buzzing fixed... new questions about semi-local store

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Davidoc, Sep 12, 2002.

1. I bought an Ampeg SVP-pro preamp from ... maybe a month or so ago. It was really buzzy. I called ampeg. I was told to take it to a local repair place to have it fixed under warranty.

After about 2 weeks, I went to pick it up, and heard some disturbing news: The problem was the tubes. 3 of the tubes were bad, and there were 2 different brands of tubes in the amp. The woman at the desk said that it looks as if ...was selling a used product as if it were new. She also said that It may have been shipped out from Ampeg like that if they were low on stock. She said that this has happened before, where someone bought something at ..., had it fixed there, and it appears to have been used when sold new.

My brother bought a guitar there recently, an Ibanez JEM, and it also seems to have been used when sold new; there are scratches all over the pickguard, and a gouch in a fret. It's time for a trip to ...to see what's up.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Perhaps you should have investigated further before posting...even if turns out that the store is NOT doing this someone might read the post and not read a posititive followup and then go "Oh yeah, that's the place where they sell used gear as new." Of course if it turns out to be true then more (destructive) power to ya'.

Let us know how it turns out and sorry to hear about your problem.

brad cook

3. It's not guitar center; it's a one location store.