Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Buzzing from my Goliath III

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by phishaholik, Sep 6, 2005.

1. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I just got a Goliath III today that I bought on Ebay from a music shop. There is a buzzing sound coming from it when I play. It worse for one speaker than the rest. Does this mean I have a blown speaker or speakers?

Michael Grote

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Could be blown, could be a slightly loose dustcover (the center felt cover). Check the edges of the speaker for creasing. If its creased, it definitely needs replaced or reconed.

I'd recommend that you pull the speaker from the cab and have it checked at your local store.

3. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I didn't notice any creasing, but there is a blob of something crusty on the edge of the cone. It's dry and brittle. I pulled the speaker out and didn't notice any loose connections. There were some mouse and rat turds in there, so I think I'm just going to send it back. He said it was in excellent condition and all the carpet is frayed, the grill and handles are rusty, there were dead bugs attached to it and the whole thing is faded. The worst part is, the guys has excellent feedback.

Michael Grote

4. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    bump