1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Buzzing in my GK700RB

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bobbykokinos, Oct 17, 2006.

1. I know this has probably been asked before. But, can the power cord (amp to outlet) be causing buzzing?

I've just noticed in the past couple week, my amp has been buzzing REALLY bad.. Obviously, it goes away when I cut the tweeter and quites down when I turn the treble down. It doesnt happen with just one bass on one power source. Happens all the time.

Any ideas?

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I don't think it's your power cord. If you've eliminated your instrument cord (the one from your bass to the amp) by trying a couple different ones and eliminated your bass by doing the same and it happens no matter where your amp is, then it will be somewhere in your amp. I have one room in my house which is very noise inducing. Probably it's because of my computer, a dimming switch on the light and who knows what else. If I take my amp out of that room to another and plug into another power outlet, it goes away.

It could be somewhere in the preamp section of your GK, maybe even the input jack. Or something else could be going. Call GK's factory service guys and see if they can help you isolate it.