Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Buzzing....

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ldiezman, Aug 21, 2001.

1. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    On my stingray 5, I am having a buzzing problem on my a string when I play it open.. This is the only time my bass buzzes... It only buzzes when I pull the string with some force.. but it is still annoying.. so what I am asking i guess is... The truss rod turning thing is different than on my old basses, it has the adjuster thingy on the base of the neck.. what turns to what to the neck I guess is what I want to know..

Peace

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Check the nut. Maybe the slot for that string is too wide. Another reason could be that the string doesn't have enough pressure on the nut. Increase the number of string windings on the machinehead to get more pressure.

That's why I prefer tilted headstocks. Fender- or MM-style headstocks that are parallel to the neck are likely to have problems like this. And the string trees are not a perfect remedy.