1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Buzzy Humbuckers?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gwreid, Nov 2, 2013.

1. gwreid

gwreid

Apr 8, 2005
    Utah
    Hi guys and gals, I know all the grounding answers and they primarily apply to single coil pickups and if the problem I'm about to describe was on a single coil I might be looking to apply shielding to the control cavity, however...

I just bought a new USA G&L M2500 and it has an electric buzz when I turn the treble up. The buzz goes away when I touch anything metal on the bass except the volume and sweep knobs, which are metal, the same as the eq knobs. Touching the eq knobs kills the buzz. I also have a Mike Lull MV5 with single coils and using the same amp/cables and treble boosted, it has no buzz.

I checked the wiring and nothing is loose. Could it possibly be that the control cavity does need shielding? any other thoughts? Many thanks. G.