Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Buzzy lower notes (not fret buzz)

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by batmilk, Dec 22, 2012.

1. I have a Warwick Corvette Std with active/passive J pickups, and recently it's been sounding quite buzzy below the 3rd fret or so on the E string, and also the B string.

This isn't fret buzz, but a buzzy sound coming through my amp, and it's worse when I play louder.

I know it's not the amp's problem because my other bass makes a really clear sounding low E through the amp, even when played loudly.

I have a feeling it may be to do with pick-up height or something like that, but I have no real idea. Also, the buzz seems to die off when I cut the highs, I'm not sure if this helps. :crying:

Any ideas?

2. Don't worry folks, I've changed the battery and the problem seems to have fixed itself :D

3. Register_To_Disable

4. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

5. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Disclosures:
    Social Media Manager & Product Development for GHS Strings
    That's a VERY COOL piece of equipment to have! Thanks for sharing; I need to grab one of those. I'd be curious to know if it works with an 18v system as well, since my EUB is 18v and I seem to change those batteries a LOT more than any of the 'wicks.

6. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

No :crying: only 9 volt but you can test individual batteries outside the cavity right on the unit to be sure..