1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

buzzzzzzzzzzz

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by erikwhitton, Oct 31, 2003.

1. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    quick question - don't think i can solve this without taking it into a shop but no hurt in asking...

my kay c1 has a buzz spot on all strings in the area where one would play an E on the G string, B on the D string... (this would be the 9th frest on a BG).

The bass has had a change of strings, and 3 bridges (don't ask!) but the buzz has remained.

Any ideas what is causing it and how I might possibly fix it on my own? Thanks...Erik

2. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    OOPS! I just edited my post - i had the strings labelled incorrectly. It is below the octave. 9th fret as I said (if this were a BG). Thanks for replying; sorry for the typo....

3. kip

kip

Sep 11, 2002
    Sausalito, Ca
    yea those labels can be tricky. Like when you turn the E label 90 degrees, it looks like an M.

:rolleyes:

Seriously, I just had a setup done that included increasing the camber of the fingerboard as well as planing/dressing, and it has immensely improved the playability in the area referenced. This is not IMHO do-it yourself stuff (the set-up). Your profile indicates that you have a teacher, what does he say?