Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by erikwhitton, Oct 31, 2003.

1. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    quick question - don't think i can solve this without taking it into a shop but no hurt in asking...

my kay c1 has a buzz spot on all strings in the area where one would play an E on the G string, B on the D string... (this would be the 9th frest on a BG).

The bass has had a change of strings, and 3 bridges (don't ask!) but the buzz has remained.

Any ideas what is causing it and how I might possibly fix it on my own? Thanks...Erik
  2. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    OOPS! I just edited my post - i had the strings labelled incorrectly. It is below the octave. 9th fret as I said (if this were a BG). Thanks for replying; sorry for the typo....
  3. kip

Sep 11, 2002
    Sausalito, Ca
    yea those labels can be tricky. Like when you turn the E label 90 degrees, it looks like an M.

Seriously, I just had a setup done that included increasing the camber of the fingerboard as well as planing/dressing, and it has immensely improved the playability in the area referenced. This is not IMHO do-it yourself stuff (the set-up). Your profile indicates that you have a teacher, what does he say?