Bwhahahahaa. 70s P bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Microbass, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    couldnt care if god himself played it. its worth about 800 bucks at best (at best! probably much less...)
  2. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    I thought sid's bass was yellow, beat even more to hell and had a black PG? or was it white w/ black PG?
  3. loendmaestro

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    why would anybody want a bass that some junkie hack owned?!

Sid was a punk...they oughta sell either the bass Glen Matlock or Steve Jones used to lay down all of Sid's tracks with (and I don't mean the ones on his arm...)
  4. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
  5. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
  6. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    It's been abused, probably peed on, dropped and probably isn't playable worth a thousand pounds. Let alone five hundred pounds. Maybe I'll give him $500, but that's about it.
  7. megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas

That same bass was on eBay about a year ago if I remember correctly. With the same history and cigarette burn mark on the headstock. I remember thinking, what a classy guy to stick a lit cigarette on his headstock. Maybe its a blues thing. :smug:

Wonder if he bought it from the guy that had it up for auction or if it didn't sell the first time.
  8. Well it's obviously been thrashed around, but if Sid owned it, the frets are probably in great condition! :D
  9. haha, i'd put my money on that too.
  10. but your gonna have at least £49,900 of heroin stuffed in that bass :smug:
  11. ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER pay that much money for SOMEONE ELSES BASS :confused: :confused: :confused:

If i ever had the money, i would buy MY OWN custom bass that i know is just mine. Maybe one alembic, or a sadowsky NYC + fbass BN5 + fbass BNF5 + ... ... ... ;)
  12. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    If this were verifyable as Sid's bass, it would be worth well more than 800 bucks, and it wouldn't matter what condition it was in. It's definitely not as iconic as Sid's old white Precision or Simonon's 'Pressure Drop' P, but I would guess as a piece of Punk memorabilia, it would be worth somewhere between 4 and 10K.

It really isn't about the playability or the condition.
  13. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I don't think it's even worth $50. What a pile of crap, and the fact that Sid Vicious SUPPOSIVELY played it, who cares? That's about as big of a joke as when I heard Flea say that Sid was the best bassist of our time.