Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BX1200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by the_vza1, Nov 25, 2004.

1. the_vza1

the_vza1

Jun 15, 2004
    been playing for 3 months or so and im happy to buy this amp, cheap and a step up from the 10 watt thing that came with the cheap bass i bought :D (i love it)

i read all the ethics threads and could care less that they stole designs

can anyone tell me what i can expect from the product?

2. I tested the BX1200, and the Behringer BX600 side by side, and bought the BX600.

I prefer the BX600 driver over the [edit] aluminium driver of the BX1200.

IMHO the BX600 had better tone, and was certainly as loud as the 1200.

I tested both amps in the store with a Fender Jazz.

Anyway, I'm immensely happy with my BX600. When you go shoping, I'd check it out.

Great value, and very flexible.

:bag:

3. [QUOTE=

...the 10" aluminium driver of the BX1200.

Doesn't the 1200 have a 12" driver?

4. boardingpyro

boardingpyro

Nov 25, 2004
  6. Thanx Luke- I like to be right once a month for contrast- how loud is the 600 vs the 1200?

7. I played them both side by side in the store, and couldn't really determine any real difference in volume. If anything I felt that the BX600 seemed louder. I don't think that's really the case, but it does have a nice chest thumping punch that you can really feel for a small combo.

Many people think that double the wattage means double the volume, but of course we know that's not true! ;)

The BX600 seems to handle being pushed a little better IMHO. The BX1200 seemed to lose it and fart a little at higher levels - perhaps that's the aluminium driver they use in the BX1200. I'm not sure.

My BX600 does have a bit of a hiss at higher volume if the mid-high and highEQ's are boosted, but that would be about my only complaint at this time.

I've owned it for about three months, and play through it every day.

:D :bag: :bassist:

8. mwm70

mwm70

Oct 27, 2004
    Baltimore
    I can't speak specifically on that product, but I have a BX3000T that I bought used and for the money it is great. I have not had any issue with it at all. On the ethics front, the companies that Behringer "stole" ideas from are not beating down my door with savings to entice me to use their equipment, so I always go with the best bang for the buck. Also, hasn't everyone after the first amp manufacturer borrowed from previous designs?

9. I have the BX1200, I've had it for about a year now.
    I was advised against going for it, so i went for it anyway and it has been fantastic this last year. It has made such a difference at band practise i could finally hear myself. And it's also handled the small stage a couple of times. I've also just used the head from it thru a Marshall 4x12 (which was borrowed from another bassist playing at the gig) and it sounded great.
    The only issue is the kick back feature makes it very bulky and awkward to carry and there aint any handles at the sides. Apart from that, that's it really.
    I'm about to change to an Ashdown MAG set up, i'll be keeping a smaller amp for band practise, i'm deciding wether to keep my behringer, or sell it and get the electric blue 180 (ashdown again) just for it's ease of transportation...
    Rob