1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BX160 Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LanOsb133, May 31, 2011.

1. So my birth day was about a month ago, and last saturday (or was it friday :oops:) i got a Crate BX160 from my dads friend for free! :D So the thing sounds great and has a pretty kick A-- Chrous built in, not to mention that the thing sounds killer through my GK 8x10. (makes my entire apartment rumble if i put my Pbass on full bass and tune the amp's EQ correctly) well anyways... It has a bad buzz. The second you turn the amp on... BZZZZZ... you can hardly hear it when playing it, but when your not all you here is buzzing. I dont have the 1x15 speaker in it (as it doesnt work) but im buying a new one soon. BUt does anyone else have this problem with this amp? If so do you know how to fix it? My dad and I tried lifting the ground and it didnt work >.< So any suggestions are welcomed and if anyone has an inside tips on how to get the buzz gone it would be great! If you need a Picture i am more then willing to take one and post it on here for you guys!

thanks!