Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bx3000t users help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ms747, Jan 11, 2005.

1. ms747

ms747

Aug 10, 2001
    Australia
    hey all
    i just bought a bx300t head and the behringer bb410 box, so far im quite happy with it but i have a few queries.

firstly i notice that with my bass plugged a olp music man with an active seymour duncan system, the tweeter is rather hissy and it is annoyign me a little.
    furthermore when i use the footswitch particulary to engage ultrabass, there is an audible click in the system, it then follows on with an electronic buzz sound through the speaker , when ultrabass is on.

im thinking my tweeter maybe stuffed! any ideas

also another question is when i hold my bass near the amp it also buzzes?!! do i maybe need to shield my electroncis better as im not sure if the guy who installed them put extra shielding on!

any ideas or help please! thanks

2. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I get hissing from my tweeter, and a slight buzz when I'm near the amp, but I run a ton of higs and roll back on the bass. I also have the shape on all the time. I don't get any unwanted noise when using the ultrabass.

3. ms747

ms747

Aug 10, 2001
    Australia
    thanks for that i guess hissing is normal , and prob only noticeable it since i been using it in the confined space of my room im sure once i gig it wont be noticeable, i will contact behringer re the noises from foot pedal and ultrabass
    thanks for that

4. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Yeah, gigging it has never been a problem, so don't fret about that.

5. boardingpyro

boardingpyro

Nov 25, 2004
    I also get a slight hiss from this amp and some of the reviews of this amp that I read before I bought it said the same thing so I think its normal. I get the click with the footswitch as well and so do the people in the reviews, but I dont get any buzzing after its on.

6. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Hiss is a problem with about every horn. Just don't crank it.

7. ms747

ms747

Aug 10, 2001
    Australia
    yeh i read that also, its the buzzing that is really annoying me as the ultrabas function is quite good, the click is minute and doenst matter but the buzzing does, hopefully behrringer customer service can help! any1 had expericne with behrigner customer service?

8. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I've emailed Behringer twice about general information. Both times I got a reply back from a guy named Chris Gomez. He was very helpful both times.

9. boardingpyro

boardingpyro

Nov 25, 2004
    I do, they are nice and prompt. The speaker in my old behringer 60 watt combo blew and I found out they put the wrong speaker in it. They sent me a new one for free no questions asked.