BX3000T vs MAG 300

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by got2getbetter, Mar 29, 2004.

1. I know the Behringer is an Ashdown copy, but since they're both made in China now what's the difference? Construction, tone, reliability, loudness? I'm on a pretty slim budget because times just got tight, but which one would you go with?

I realize that w/ the Ashdown you're paying for the actual research which is important, but discounting that give me a reason to justify buying the Ashdown. I'll be playing through an Epifani 212T.
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I think that answered it there! also why skimp on the head when using such a killer cabinet? Will the Epifani be OK with just 307 watts @ 4 ohms?
  3. The epi is 4ohm and handles 600W so I think it should be ok w/ 307W driving it. I bet it would like more power, but 300 seems alright. I'm just trying to figure out if it would really be skimping going w/ the behringer if they're essentially the same.
  4. Aristotle

May 12, 2002
    Easton, MD
    It really just depends on your budget. Things obviously arent too tight if youve got a cab like that but if 100 bucks is really an issue then I guess go with the behringer, but for only 100 more the Ashdown is probably worth it in terms of tone and a whopping 7 more watts of power. However, they both have the bright and deep switches but on the Behringer, unlike the Ashdown, they can be control by an included footswitch, which isnt available on the Ashdown, that may be something to consider if your the type that likes to mix it up mid-song.