BX4210A vs. Ashdown ElectricBlue180 (15")

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chaotickneutral, Jan 11, 2006.

1. chaotickneutral

Nov 21, 2005
    I play in a rock/metal band [standard E tuning] that has a lineup of 2 guitarists, 1 singer, 1 drummer, and myself.

The guitarists have some loud-ass Marshalls [not stacks, thank gods] and the drummer plays !!LOUD!!

So the biggest issue is being heard but I am fairly certain that I can be heard with either of these amps.

I am just kind of on the fence. It seems to me that 450W v 180W is kind of a big gap for the same amount of money.

I have never had aluminum cones before but I played the behringer kickback thing at guitar center and I didnt have a big problem with it so I think the sound is probably ok, but I havent played the BX4210A.

The amp will be used for practice and probably some small gigs as well which may or may not have PA support.

Please advise; TYIA
  2. chaotickneutral

Nov 21, 2005
    Or if you can recommend another amp [pref combo amp] that would be better and in the $350 and below price range.
  3. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    my opinion is that if your band is that loud neither of those will be loud enough. Tip... more speakers = more volume.