Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BX4210A vs. Ashdown ElectricBlue180 (15")

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chaotickneutral, Jan 11, 2006.

1. chaotickneutral

chaotickneutral

Nov 21, 2005
    I play in a rock/metal band [standard E tuning] that has a lineup of 2 guitarists, 1 singer, 1 drummer, and myself.

The guitarists have some loud-ass Marshalls [not stacks, thank gods] and the drummer plays !!LOUD!!

So the biggest issue is being heard but I am fairly certain that I can be heard with either of these amps.

I am just kind of on the fence. It seems to me that 450W v 180W is kind of a big gap for the same amount of money.

I have never had aluminum cones before but I played the behringer kickback thing at guitar center and I didnt have a big problem with it so I think the sound is probably ok, but I havent played the BX4210A.

The amp will be used for practice and probably some small gigs as well which may or may not have PA support.

Please advise; TYIA

2. chaotickneutral

chaotickneutral

Nov 21, 2005
    Or if you can recommend another amp [pref combo amp] that would be better and in the $350 and below price range.

3. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    my opinion is that if your band is that loud neither of those will be loud enough. Tip... more speakers = more volume.