Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

By the Way by RHCP

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by T-birdfan, Mar 18, 2003.

1. T-birdfan

T-birdfan

Jan 29, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    I'm trying to get the exact notes down for the little solo part on this song, but for some strange reason it's one of those things I just can't seem to get right. I've searched on this forum and a whack of other tab sites, but they're just not right. I see some just wrote out the little part from bass player mag, but if you read it it says it is like the solo but it isn't it . If you could help me out I'd really appreciate it. It is really driving me nuts.

2. I dunno, the full transcription of "By The Way"
    in the April 2003 issue of 'Guitar World' seems dead-on to me.

3. T-birdfan

T-birdfan

Jan 29, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    Thanks Donne, I'm not in the habit of buying that mag so I would never have known. I appreciate it, now I can sleep again! ( it was one of those things;) .

4. Rajoe

Rajoe

May 6, 2014
    Hungary
    ...more than ten years after i have found the situation is the same about this song... no good tabs or lessons for it on the web, so i made a lesson for it myself. i think Flea plays the exact same riff in the little solo section as in the rest of the verse. check it out, and hear it for yourself whether it is played this way or not