by the way

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by VoodooChile, Jul 26, 2002.

1. was i the only person here that thought that the peppers latest release was absolutely and completely horrible? i listened to every song twice all the way through and afterwards felt the need to burn it (not making copies i mean actually lighting it on fire). all of the songs sounded the same except for a couple. the transitions, however few they were, sounded unmusical and clumsy. this wasn't just bad for the peppers this was an absolutely horrible record. IMO

is there anyone else out there that felt this way?
  2. WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    Who the hell cares.:rolleyes:
  3. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    Don't worry VoodooChile...someone with an ounce of respect for their fellow TBers will answer your question shortly, I'm sure.
  4. slipitin

slipitin Guest

Jul 26, 2002
    Not horrible just different, maybe not my favourite chilis release though very listenable :eek: :D :p
  5. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I can't comment on the entire CD, but their new single doesn't do anything for me. I can't say that I like or dislike the Peppers -- they have a few songs that appeal to me. I can say that most of the newer stuff I hear from them all sounds the same.

WildBill -- find another way to boost your post count, buddy. If you can't respond to someone's thread with a little respect and decorum, don't respond at all!
  6. it's not that i don't like the peppers it's just the album. i like mostly their older stuff (bssm, mother's milk that sorta stuff) so don't get me wrong. as a friend of mine says there's a seat for every butt i just wanted to know if there was anyone else who felt the way i did.
  7. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Well, read the OTHER two threads right on this very page about their new album, there you can see lots of opinions on the new album.

67 replies.

8 replies.
  8. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Wild Bill, somehow your response to Voodoo Chile's question got past me. I don't take kindly to such responses to perfectly honest and sincere questions. I would be just as impatient if someone answered a question you might post here as well.

As a moderator, I feel it is my obligation to keep TalkBass from deteriorating into what MOST message boards on the web have become. If I have to delete posts or take even sterner measures, I will.
  9. ^^^

also, to the thread starter, at LEAST look on the front page of the forum to see if there are any threads that make yours redundant.