Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bye bye wisdom teeth!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by notabob, Nov 24, 2003.

1. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    im getting my wisdom teeth (all 4) cut out tomorrow morning at 8:45. thanksgiving is in two days and ill be stuck with the cranberry sauce (i love cranberry sauce). i wanna be able to eat the turkey...any suggestions to help me? i know to keep frozen corn on my face for 24 hours, but anything else? anything to keep me entertained while im stuck doing nothing? any suggestions on how to eat? help me if you can.

thanks,
    brian

2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    For the food issue, I am sorry, but you are SOL. When I got my wisdom teeth, I had to wait 5 days before I could go back to regular eating, and the doc said that was normal.

To keep busy? Play bass:bassist:

3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    common acronym for S*** Outta Luck.

4. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    whats S*** mean? nope, im just playin. i figured it was something outta luck. this would be bad news, but i guess ill duct tape the bags of corn to my face and play my bass. and my brother will probably sneak some blackmail pics.

5. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Well, I was normal the day of the surgery (all 4 removed at about 10am), sat around drinking tea and cutting up with my buds/bandmates. I was eating pizza the very next day. Guess it all depends on how it goes.

I had a blast, the surgery was so fun. I'm a stickler for anesthetics and surgery. Was off the pain medication within a couple days and the stitches came out maybe 2 or 3 days after. Probably helped that insurance screwed us and I had to wait 6 months to do it after being told I needed it done months before. Stupid insurance.

6. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I had mine out when I was 17. I think I was eating the next day. It felt funny, but I couldn't stand not being able to eat. It was a chore, but worth it, I suppose.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Check out the Ramen thread here for some of the available flavors :)

My doctor gave me a slick little syringe with a bent tip to rinse out the holes where the teeth came out. That allowed me to eat more than soup. The numbness should wear off by the end of the day, then what you eat is decided by how rigorously you want to clean your teeth. Dont go under, just do the local anesthesia.

-Mike

8. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I had one of them pulled on last New Year's Eve because it was acting up. I need to get the other three pulled eventually. I was never in any pain; didn't take any painkillers after the first day. No swelling either. I layed off the chewy foods for a week under doc's orders, but I felt like I could eat just about anything the whole time.

Then again, all of my friends who had their wisdom teeth pulled said they were so swollen they looked like chipmunks and were on vicadin for a week. I think some of it has to do with the skill of the dentist, and a lot of it has to do with the orientation of your teeth. i.e. mine are all ruptured so it wasn't a big deal, but if you have impacted teeth it's probably gonna be a lot more painful

9. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    yeah, the bottom two are impacted, the top ones arent. its 7:19 am here. an hour and a half till i go under...dun dun dun.

10. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    ok, they are gone now. my lip is numb and my teeth/ wholes where teeth were are now starting to hurt.

11. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    no pain...hardly!! this is a lot better than i thought/ heeard it would be. i havent even had to take the pain pills yet. just ate a large frosty. and a lot of jello. and pudding and soup. the freezer is stocked with ice cream and and popsickles. well, im gonna go put some ,ore frozen corn on my face and watch some television. later.

im told and vaguely remember talking to this girl who was 3 years older than me. it was right after i had woken up and i was chillin in the recovery room and talking to this girl who had just woken up too, even tho i had guaze in my mouth. i was so out of it. i think i might have gotten her number, but im not sure. just thought id share

12. My mouth is so big I have room for 8 wisdom teeth! :eek:

13. Turkey cut up real fine + gravy = soup like goodness.