Bye, sort of

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bard2dbone, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I'm going to disappear for a while. Nothing tragic or emo going on. I'm just going to go live in a pasture for a week and a half.

My favorite place in the world is the Kerrville Folk Festival. It started last week. I am driving down tonight or in the early morning to attend as a regular tourist tomrrow night and as a volunteer (first aid) for the remaining week.

For those who don't know folk music or the festival experience, Folk generally sounds like country without the steel guitars and stupid hats. But at the festival they play pretty much anything that occurs on this planet and somebody can recognize it as music, except without electricity. This is the main reason that, even though I still consider myself a bass player, first and foremost, I play my 12-string more than my bass lately.
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    cool beans. sounds fun! We want pics.
  3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I love a well-played 12 string. Have fun, and don't get pregnant!
  4. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Sounds like fun.

Have fun.
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Drive safely careful....sounds like a great time.

6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Bard, don't scare me like that. You're my favorite old man with a beard on TB.
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    All my life I've lived in Texas and still I've somehow never made myself go to the Kerrville folk festival. I even drove through Kerrville last week. Oh well...some day. Have fun.

brad cook
  8. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Dang hippies!

I keeeed, I keeeed. Do you know any Mitch and Micky tunes? How about some New Main St Singers? Have fun and (if you really look like the guy in your avatar) remember to put some sun block on that cue ball head ;)
  9. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Unfortunately, I DO look quite a bit like Dr. Weil. That's why his pic is my avatar. Although when I have waited long enough for it to be REALLY retro, I will probably put up a South Park Wayne avatar. I have the same cue-ball dome, a newly trimmed beard(It's HOT down in Kerrville!) and waaay more belly than Dr Weil. But other than that he looks like he could be my dad.

My wife found his picture and said "Look! It's you only old."

I think I will buy a throwaway camera and try to catch a few pics. It'll be a new experience for me because I've never had any pics I felt like posting.
  10. Well Bard I'm hijacking your thread to say that I'm going away for a while too.... to prison. :eyebrow:

I mean, on the road! Prison, what was i thinking?!! really. Leaving for 2 months on monday! :hyper:

But I'll probably try to keep on tb on the road.... kinda tough though!

Peace out.
  11. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

I'll post when I'm awake again and I'll put up pics when I have them and can figure out what to do with them.
  12. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    isn't it sad that i didn't see this thread until now?

oh well... how was it?
  13. i would be very dissapointed in you for not noticing bard's absence, but neither did i, so ur okay.

i live in texas and i've never been to a rodeo, or riden a horse, or anything ranchy-style.

good to have you back bard!
  14. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    you won't be dissapointed in anything and you'll like it

edit: :)
  15. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    So, did you come back pregnant?
  16. odie

odie Supporting Member

17. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    so um like... is there a script for this forum to make it avelible on WAP... it be awsome... mods? i would sooo love to post/veiw through my cell when i am away (seen it done on few forums) :]

i am sure non of you want my posts here and me being gone is a holiday... but guys... i will MISS YOU!!!! hug???

18. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I have played the Kerrville Folk Festival about three or four times - there is no such thing as a better crowd! the most laid back and hippest people...
  19. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

So, errr ... why did they let YOU in, Mr Anger Management?!

You are about as laid back as, ....

Words fail me ...

Bard, glad you had a good time, hope you came back with a
    good brisket recipe!
  20. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Who'd you play with? I might have been in the audience. I've been going for twelve years. This was my seventh year to volunteer.

No. But I DO have the belly for it.

Transcendent. Best therapy in the world

No. But my ten year old daughter got onto the volunteer crew making pizzas to give away for free untill they ran out of ingredients each night. They would fire up the wood oven, let it get good and hot untill the Kerrtry store closed at midnight, then start making pizzas till they ran out of stuff. I kept getting the 6:00 PM to midnight first aid shift. So I was afraid Miranda would be all tired and grumpy. In stead she would be psyched, getting ready to go be 'the littlest pizza pirate.'

I discovered some pizza topping combos I personally would never have thought of.