1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bypass mode broken on Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by guermo, Jan 19, 2012.

1. guermo

guermo

Dec 4, 2004
    Bought a Digitech Bass Synth Wah from craigslist today, got it home and found that the bypass doesn't work. Signal works fine with the effect engaged, but turning the effect off turns the clean signal off as well. Not too familiar with taking pedals apart, but does anyone have any suggestions on what to look for?
    Thanks a ton for any help!

2. It could get a little complicated because I am assuming it is similar to how Boss pedals are set up; a complex version of a flip flop or bystable multivibrator curcuit (just mentioning it in case you want to look it up).

3. JehuJava

JehuJava Bass Frequency Technician

Oct 15, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    1. Return it to the dude

2. Use a loop pedal

3. Repair Shop

4. amfmsb

amfmsb

Dec 16, 2007
    The Synth Wah has 2 outputs. You are most likely (hopefully) plugged into the wrong one.

It would behave exactly as described if you are plugged into the wrong one.

5. Dick Tree

Dick Tree

May 26, 2011
    Normal, IL
    Have the cord going out of the output instead of the bypass

Problem should be solved.

6. moles

moles

Jan 24, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB
    +1. Double check which output you're plugged in to.
    You don't wanna know how many times I've done that on a gig and freaked myself out because I couldn't get any sound out of the amp. :)

7. guermo

guermo

Dec 4, 2004
    Yep amfmsb and Moles, you are right! Thanks for the help. thanks, case closed.

8. Glad it was that easy... enjoy the sonic side