Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bypass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Secondhandloser, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Secondhandloser

Secondhandloser

Mar 28, 2005
    I was just wondering how the bypass is on Boss and Digitech pedals- specifically the odb3 and bsw? Are they pretty transparent ( im assuming the digitech is not)

2. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    I ran three Digitech pedals in a row, and they crapped all over my tone. When I ran through just one, it was fine, but the second I had two, my clean tone got all fuzzy and gross. I don't know about Boss.

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The pros in the longest pedalboard thread don't seem to mind.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Can't vouch much for Digitech, never really liked them, felt cheap to me and never trusted the name.

However, BOSS Pedals have never caused me to cringe when disengaged. I run a mad mismatched mosh of pedals, true bypass or not, and I can hardly notice a difference direct, or through a bunch of bypassed pedals.

5. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    I run 3 BOSS pedals in line, ODB3, OC2 and CE2B and I can't tell they're there when they're off, no problem at all. I had a Big Muff before that which is a great distortion but sucked all the tone out even when turned off.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Which version of the Big Muff? Because the recent USA Reissues are true bypass. If you have one of these, I'm convinced you need treatment. If you're not one of these, you may be emotionally okay.

7. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    I won't check myself in for treatment just yet. It was the big black box with yellow writing, the Russion version I believe. Great OD but when turned off ..................