1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bypassing/disconnecting horn in ampeg svt-410hlf

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TeenZombie01, Feb 27, 2008.

1. TeenZombie01

TeenZombie01

May 14, 2006
    i was wondering how to disconnect the horn from my ampeg svt-410hlf. i think the way it works is that after the signal is sent from the amp into the cabinet it is split and then sent to the woofers and the horn. i want to disconnect any horn electronics inside of my cabinet and run my signal straight from amp and into the woofers. i always play with the horn off and i have feeling the horn electronics are distorting my sound and making it sound awful because right now it does. is there an easy way to do this and how do i do it? thank you.

2. TeenZombie01

TeenZombie01

May 14, 2006
    no one knows how the horn is wired and how i would just be able to unhook it completely?

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I think if you look internally there is a military grade in line fuse for the tweeter. If you remove that the tweeter is in effect bypassed.