1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bypassing EQ on an amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Digity, May 4, 2015.

1. Digity

Digity

Apr 7, 2014
    So I have my rig but I still wanna run it through my amp, is there a way to bypass the EQ on my amp so it's not colouring my tone?

Thanks.

2. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Commercial User

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    Telling us which amp it is would really help a lot.

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Be more specific. What is this 'rig' you're talking about? Or what amp? It could be as easy as just plugging into the effects return of the amp (if it has one) and your gear is compatible.

4. Digity

Digity

Apr 7, 2014
    riginabox_zpswc43n3vy.
    The amp is a David Eden Nemesis 2x12 combo.

5. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

Effects return-- warning bypasses everything (in most cases) and takes whatever you put in directly to the power amp
    (sometimes) the master on the amp is still in play, but mostly this is not the case--- meaning that all tone control/volume control is coming from whatever you are plugging into it

thabassmon likes this.
  6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Try running your rack output into the effects return. That's pretty much your only chance, although that's a lot of rack to put into a combo.

Also, David Eden doesn't exist. The "David" is a line of the Eden brand, much like the "Nemesis" is another line of the Eden brand.