Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Byron Bay Bluesfest

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by codeine, Apr 22, 2003.

1. First of all I am wondering if anyone here went to the the bluesfest?

I only got to go for one day so I missed lots of bands including ozomatli :bawl:

but I did get to see Ben Harper. Oh my God... how does a 2 and 1/2 hour set at a festival sound.

I am absolutely overawed by jaun Nelson, he had a couple of huge solos which he kicked butt in and he sat in the pocket all night. All of which looked absolutely effortless.

I also saw Jack Johnson whom I was pretty dissapointed in. An amazing australian guy Xavier Rudd (he has been in Canada the last few years so you might have seen him) played bass drum, guitar or lap steel, and sung or played harmonica or didgeridoo at eh same time.

Any way enough bragging about what i got to see.

2. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    Hi
    harper is a genius, glad to see another aussie here....tell the masses about TB.

3. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    There's something funny about the basists here in oz and their inability to operate a computer. Most can barely operate their toaster :)

4. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    ya das us

5. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Ashton you drooled on your lap again........

6. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    yeah i know, stupid good for nothing stoner...i need a job

7. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    :) I love Aussie humour. What other country would find it funny to put shieeett on themselves constantly.

8. My county's pretty good at it!!