1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

c. 2000 3/4 Musima Double Bass For Sale!

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by dblbassmike, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dblbassmike

dblbassmike

Apr 14, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Hello,

I am posting this for my father in-law, who is selling my sister in-laws double bass. She no longer plays and is selling it because it needs to go to a good home now. It has been for sale on ebay, but no grabs, maybe because of economy? But anyways here is the ebay post for it. If you are interested e-mail me with any of the bass questions: michaelrais@yahoo.com subject: musima bass if you are interested in buying it, email my father in-law: dsmith3512@hotmail.com subject: musima bass We are located in Michigan in the metro-Detroit area.

US $1,899.99 or best offer

-----------------------------------------------------
    This is a gently used German made Musima 3/4 size bass, It is a laminated bass, with German style tuning gears, and an ebony fingerboard and tail piece. It was purchased new in 2000 for $3000. The bass has had a professional set up and regular maintenance by Gary Ritter, one S.E. Mich. top luthiers. He added many upgrades, including; a three tired adjustable bridge, he planed the fingerboard and refinished the neck, a machined brass endpin, and a new tailwire cable. It currently strung with D'Addario Orchestral strings. It comes with a thick silver insulated gig bag that helps protect from sun, heat and cold.

This bass is very durable. It has been played in many different settings, and in all types of weather, and climate conditions. The Musima holds up great. It has been checked annually by Gary, to make sure it is in top condition. My daughter used this bass to learn on and get through music school. The years of playing have allowed it to develope a warm deep sound. We have had no problems with this bass. It does have a small chip in the laquor, on the back right from a careless music stand in pit orchestra.

Like the Kay bass, Musima's are not made anymore and are considered to be a collector's instrument. This bass is great if you are just starting out, need an extra road bass, or to add to your collection. You will not find a better laminated bass than this one. Please email if you would like to make an appointment to see it and test Play it.

The bass is offered for local pickup only, but I am willing to ship, buyer will pay for creating and shipping. It is for sale "as-is", but for your reassurance, I am making the sale contingent on your approval at pickup.

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------

0e1e_12.
    0ba2_12.
    0a95_12.
    e2f8_1.
    e4d0_1.
    09eb_12.

2. toddhomer

toddhomer

Jun 14, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Your highest price will be but 900. These are still available at from Ideal for 950 with a basic setup. Maybe throw it in the attic like a gold brick a watch it triple in value in the next 5 years...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.